Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Runday: Adventure Run Recap

This is the third race in the "untimed for fun runs" I did during the month of April.  Put on my RoadRunner Sports, the Adventure run is held the second Thursday of every month, and has quite the turnout.






There are lots of vendors present who are handing out free samples, coupons, and most importantly, tickets.  Because the Adventure Run is all about the tickets.  It's a scavenger hunt style race, where you race between stations to get raffle tickets.  At the end of the run, everyone meets up and they raffle off drinks, clothes, shoes, race entries, and all sorts of other goodies.


I met up with some of my running group buddies.  Which was good, because I had no clue what I was doing since it was my first time.  One of my friends, on the other hand, was a seasoned pro.  In an effort to win some more tickets, she entered a contest to consume 5 running gels the fastest.


Aaaaaaand she won.  So I will now be referring to this friend as Gel.


Gel and I planned to run together, since we had a similar pace and she knew where to go.  Which was helpful because we weren't actually given a route or a map.  Instead, they flashed this thing up on the screen and expected us to memorize the locations of all the stations.


Gel and I decided to run to the farthest location first, and work our way back towards the store.  The farthest location?  A brewery.  Some people decided to just stay there for a drink.  We headed out to get more tickets.



As we stopped at stations we were encouraged to do pushups, burpees, and jumping jacks to earn extra tickets.  And we did them.  In the hour we had to do the race, Gel and I ran about 4.5 miles.  And we amassed a bit of tickets.  Gel had way more than I did, but I had a nice little stash.


 Despite our hard work and tickets, we didn't win anything during the raffles.  Unless you count the protein bars that they threw out to the crowd. 

1 comment:

  1. this sounds awesome! I feel like this would be great for a beginner runner because all of the adventures might distract from the actual running.

    ReplyDelete