Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Mommy Mondays: 33 weeks

Maternity Jean Review!

During my first pregnancy I splurged on a pair of designer maternity jeans and wore them religiously throughout the pregnancy.  They were my go-to pants - I only owned one other, a pair of black work pants.

When I went to pull them out for this pregnancy they were no where to be found.  I had every piece of maternity clothing from my last pregnancy, except those jeans.  I made up for it over the past few months by picking up not one replacement, but three!  Three different styles, in three different price points.  Since I know that maternity jeans are a staple of the pregnancy wardrobe, I thought a little review might be helpful.

The Cheap Pair - Mom & Co. — Dark Wash Under-Belly Maternity Skinny Jeans from Zulily. ($19.99)





I was adamantly opposed to demi-panel pants during my first pregnancy.  They just weren't as comfortable as full panel.  And when I first started wearing these around 20 weeks, they weren't so great.  But now I love the demi-panel.  It hits in just the right place and I don't have the pants falling down problem I do with a lot of my maternity bottoms.  They also fit true to size.  They're a great buy for the price. 


The Moderate Pair - Gap1969 Full Panel Sexy Boot Jeans. ($69.95 - currently on sale for $22.99)


These are my least favorite.  And they completely remind me why I stopped wearing Gap jeans in general.  They're baggy, they stretch out, and I really can't keep them up.  I am constantly tugging on them when I wear them, so I rarely wear them.  And between you and I, they're not terribly flattering.  I'd give them a pass.



The Splurge Pair - Paige Denim - Verduga Full Panel Maternity Jeans. ($189.00)

This is another one of those "you get with you pay for" type situations.  These are my favorite maternity jeans I have.  Worth every penny.  I love the fit, they stay up, they're comfortable, and they're full panel!  They worked for second AND third trimester.  And they fit true to size.  These are the same size as my non-maternity Piage jeans.  Paige also makes their maternity jeans with side panels, and if I didn't only have 7 weeks to go I would definitely check those out too.


Total weight gain/loss: +22
Next Appointment: Today
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity.  I'm excited to be done with trial so I can wear more non-maternity jersey type dresses to the office.
Stretch marks: Yup
Sleep: I had a couple of really good nights this week, but also a really bad one where I just couldn't get back to sleep at 4am when I woke up.
Best moment this week: My mom got to feel the baby this weekend- both hiccups and real movement.
Movement: Yes.  And now that I got to talk to the jury they confessed they could see it from the jury box.
Food cravings: Nothing
Food aversions: Nothing
Gender: Not finding out
Belly Button in or out: In.  But it never popped last time, so I'm not expecting it to this time.
What I miss: Being able to lie on my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: Always the weekend.
Contractions: None this week
 Milestones: 
- Baby us acquiring a memory for familiar noises like my voice!
- Amniotic fluid is reducing slightly each week.
- Baby is now capable of producing all the enzymes that will process food within the digestive tract. 

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I have made the rounds of visiting blogs, now look at your gorgeous self :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look adorable!! And noted that you get what you pay for with maternity jeans...though I plan on wearing scrubs for the majority of my future pregnancies :P

    ReplyDelete