Pages

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Sunday Runday: Into the Woods


There is no better way to start a holiday morning than with a run.  And that includes the holiday of Halloween.

Yesterday morning the lovely SDMom organized a "spooky" run for us all at Penasquitos Canyon Preserve.  Despite a rough night with Thatbaby, I headed out - since I'm currently in training for a half marathon.


This was my first time at Los Penesquitos Canyon and I was really impressed. 


The trail is nice and wide open, AND flat! It's also very wooded.  One of my running buddies says it always makes her feel like she's in "Into the Woods."


And running in the woods is a little spooky on Halloween.


The way is clear,
The light is good,
I have no fear,
Nor no one should.






The woods are just trees,
The trees are just wood.




Of course, it doesn't hurt that there's a grave right off the trail.


Lately, probably due to fatigue, I've been really off.  So yesterday morning was no different.  I ended up heading back a little earlier than the rest of the group, and then missing the turn off back to the park.  Which meant I got an extra mile in.  No worries, we were all able to meet up for a little "trunk or treating" after.


1 comment: